Guardrail for Speaking Truth in Love to Operate within Spiritual Life

Last week I faced a troubling situation. I sought counselling from an elder brother: 

"Hello Brother, I wanted to share something yesterday & then something urgent came up & I got distracted. In the context of this part (notes below) preached by Pastor Chad last weekend...
---------
3. BUILD A CORE GROUP OF GODLY FRIENDS
▪People who will become your family with whom you can share and pray
▪ Allow them to speak truth in love into your life
---------
...What I have been witnessing for quite some time is when Godly friends do this speaking truth in love, many often miss to share scripture verse or verses backing the truth or truths which they want me to see.

They simply bank on the relationship or their good works or I don't know on what, but they speak on the lines of 'See, I am telling you. Why is it hard for you to accept?'

And, some even get angry when I press for scripture verses.

I tell them, 'Hey, I am not rejecting what you are saying. But until I see a backing word of God, I am going to wait & pray & seek in Scripture in order to accept & act on your suggestion. Can you also please pray for me?'

But not many are able to accept this request & wait upon Holy Spirit in peace.

Some even suggest majority opinion as the basis for what they are saying.

They continue their pushes with an understanding that they are speaking truth in love, but without any scripture verses backing & getting angry or frustrated in this process."

Refer to pic copied below for Brother's response. #StudentsOfScripture

Brother's response: "I really think we need to push for principles from God's word and not for specific verses."

So going forward, let us kindly, NOT push anybody WITHOUT some backing principles from God's word. Okay? :-) 

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Resurrection Power of Christ in Us!

How I honor and care for my mummy in her old age?

Mathew 4 - Meditation by Kevin Samuel Premkumar