Resurrection Power of Christ in Us!

This is a secret testimony known only to Wife & her parents...  till now!

I told God that I'll share this testimony when I hear about the availability of resurrection power within us for executing God's will in our earthly life in any sermon from among our local body of Christ. 

Today I heard such sermon through Pastor Senthil Krishnan & so here is the testimony I promised to God: :-)

Doctors set the timeline for my fissure surgery in 2014. 

"You can't continue the external medications any longer. Your case now falls under chronic sickness," they said & concluded, "Just a small surgery. Nothing to worry."

It's the same surgery my Mom-i-l underwent last year. 

But I refused Doctors' advice & held-on to Christ for healing. Why? How? I don't know for sure. 

It just sounded more meaningful to my heart to hold-on to Christ because it was clear to me that my screwed-up health situation was due to my sins & self-indulgences. 

Also, it was clear that I was truly mourning for my secret sins. 

One day I received promptings to begin exercising. I began. I began recording my weight every weekend. 28 weeks elapsed. 

No change to my weight. ( Can you guess why no change in my weight? Even, I can't guess :-) 

No change to my health situation! ( Can you guess why? Same answer as above :-) 

Prayers continued. 28 weeks of continuing prayers & exercising to reduce weight was fruitless. Regular responsibilities of life continued during these weeks. 

If Christ is with me and if I am in Christ, why is my weight not reducing?! This question & the burden of the question repeated every week & increased across the weeks! 

No improvement in my chronic sickness. Same situation with the best of the Doctors. That is, "Yeah, minor surgery is the only option now". 

Why is Christ not blessing the labor of my hands (exercises) with fruits (weight reduction)?! No clues. 

But 29th week became different. While praying, the words of Romans 8:9-11 stood out unusually. 

I meditated & prayed upon it: 
"You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. 

ESV Bibles by Crossway. ESV Global Study Bible (Kindle Locations 274015-274025). Crossway. Kindle Edition."
Subsequently, I began noticing that conscious sinning stopped, self-pleasing efforts stopped, my weight reducing, & my chronic sickness healing across weeks. 

Even the complex events of life that led to sub-conscious sinning in the past reduced dramatically as I fed more & more scripture.

Chart on 76 kgs (Jun 2015) reducing to 66 kgs (Sep 2016)

Thus, by end of 2015:

(1) the chronic physical sickness left me, a year after Doctors gave-up on external medications & pressed me for a minor surgery, and also

(2) the chronic soul sickness left me after a silver jubilee years of at-least-once-in-2-weeks meditation on Psalms 51.

As a matter of fact, 2015 new year promise from God through Pastor Chadwick Mohan to our local body of Christ was "Knowing Christ & Making him known"

In essence, like Pastor Senthil Krishnan said today, for some, God demonstrates his presence through sensational works, whereas, for many, God demonstrates his presence through resurrection power silently within us. 

Therefore, next time, when you feel, 'I am tired. That's it. I really need more motivation,' to carry-on our responsibilities, just feed Romans 8:9-11 & get recharged. 

In case, nothing happens, kindly contact... not me, but God again please. Because God is only the author & finisher of our faith; I only edit & publish :-)

For example, during my recent half-marathon last month, I just couldn't run beyond 15 kms. No pains, but zero motivation & energy to run further even after a small banana & a bowl of water-melon slices. 

'Wow! Non-stop running till 15 kms is a significant achievement. Just catch the next share-auto or share-van to return home' thought was so overpowering & so tempting. 

But I halted at a tea-shop, prayed & meditated upon Romans 8:9-11 once again, & received additional grace and ran another 5 kms & completed my 2nd half-marathon last month.

Comments

  1. Great post Prem! Shows what the power of faith and patience can do to your mundane life and challrnges. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know you endured the situation and found strength in the word of the Lord. It’s encouraging to know you overcame. Thanks to the Lord for making you a witness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God who strengthened you to persevere in hope inspite of all temptation. Holy Spirit himself lead you to this testimony. Glory to God 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really nice testimony.. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Popular posts from this blog

How I honor and care for my mummy in her old age?

Mathew 4 - Meditation by Kevin Samuel Premkumar