Mathew 2 & 3 - Meditation by Kevin Samuel Premkumar

26 April 2019: Since I missed on updating you on what I read yesterday, today I will be sharing what I read in the Bible both yesterday and today.

Yesterday, I read Matthew 2. (Normally I read only 1 chapter each day.) When Jesus was born in Bethlehem, he fulfilled the prophecy of old that is mentioned in Matthew 2:6, Micah 5:2 and 2 Samuel 5:2.
The prophecy states that a ruler will soon arise in the town of Bethlehem and he will shepherd God's people.
When Herod learnt of this, and the Royal astrologers' discovery of the star of the East, he got frightened and disturbed, as the astrologers asked him, "Where is the newborn KING OF THE JEWS? We have seen his as it arose, and we have come to worship him."
Thus Herod sent for the wise men and told them to find the Christ so that he may also come to worship the child, though his plan was to ultimately finish the 'King of the Jews'.
So the wise men followed the star till it just stopped over at the place where the baby Jesus lay.
The wise men brought the baby gifts and worshiped him.
But they did not go back to Herod, as God had warned them in a dream about what Herod would do. When Herod found out how the wise men had tricked him, he was infuriated.
He ordered that all the boys at and below the age of two should be killed in the regions in and around Bethlehem.

Meanwhile, God warned Joseph, the husband of Mary, the mother of Jesus, to immediately evacuate to Egypt. This was done to fulfill the prophecy: "I called my son out of Egypt." [Matthew 2:15; Hosea 11:1 (NLT) ]
Later, when Herod died, the Lord's angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him to return to the land of Galilee to a town called Nazareth, for the new king was Herod's son, Archelaus.

Today I read Matthew 3. The main character in this passage was John the Baptist. The prophet Isaiah describes John as a voice shouting in the wilderness, 'Prepare a pathway for the Lord's coming! Make a straight road for him! '

John baptized with water but he said there will be one who will come who will baptize with the Spirit and fire. John talked about the Messiah.
When Jesus came to be baptized by John, John told him, "I am the one who needs to be baptized by you, so why are you coming to me? " When John finally baptized our Lord, he saw the sky open, and the Spirit of God descended like a dove and rested upon Jesus. And a voice was heard from heaven, "This is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with him. "

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Resurrection Power of Christ in Us!

Mathew 4 - Meditation by Kevin Samuel Premkumar

How I honor and care for my mummy in her old age?